Basmati's aroma is as exotic as its origins. Basmati comes from the Hindi or Sanskrit word: "vasmati", meaning "fragrant". The long-grain nutty-flavoured and fluffy-textured rice has been cultivated and cherished in India for thousands of years and goes deliciously with curries and other favourite Asian dishes, especially since it holds flavours so well!
Our MEWAH premium-grade Pusa 1121 Basmati Rice is imported from India and features extra-long grains of 8mm. Here are some significant benefits of including MEWAH Basmati Rice into your everyday healthy diet:
- Low Glycemic Index for stable, longer lasting energy level.
- Essentially fat and cholesterol free, low in calories.
- Exotic aroma with a fluffy texture.
- Can absorb and hold flavours well for tasty dish.
- Ideal for Briyani rice, pilaf and other daily home dishes.
- Rice is nourishing and easy to digest.