"Cal" stands for its rich Californian origin, not Calories! (About 85% of all rice grown in California is Calrose.) While "rose" shows its medium-grain shape. Calrose is highly sought after in Asia, where it was once considered exotic.
Its soft grains stick together and absorb flavors real well when cooked, making it an ideal key ingredient for Mediterranean and Asian cuisine such as risotto, paella and sushi. It's also a good all-purpose table rice altogether that goes well with versatile dishes!
Our MEWAH Imported Calrose Rice is carefully sourced from premium-grade crop producers. Here are some significant benefits of adding Calrose Rice in your everyday diet:
- Rich in Protein, Potassium and Phosphorus.
- Essentially fat free, low calories and cholesterol.
- Significant source of Carbohydrates for daily energy.
- Praised for its soft, tender and sticky texture.
- Can absorb and hold flavours well for tasty dish Ideal for most daily dishes, Sushi and Korean.
Recommendation: Please keep rice in the refrigerator to preserve its freshness.